Brief description

Headquartered in the town of Pratteln in the canton of Baselland in Switzerland, Highlight Communications AG is a listed media company founded in 1983. Highlight shares were listed on the Deutsche Börse in Frankfurt, Germany for the first time on May 11, 1999 and are now in the Prime Standard (ISIN: CH 000 653 9198, WKN (German Securities Code): 920 299, ticker: HLG).

As a strategic and financial holding company, Highlight Communications AG combines the operating segments Film as well as Sports- and Event-Marketing.

After its IPO in May 1999, Highlight Communications AG undertook a key strategic step to expand its economic strategy by acquiring a majority holding (80%) in Team Holding AG. In 2010 the remaining 20% of the share capital, that was owned by the UEFA, has been taken over and since then TEAM ist 100% subsidiary ot Highlight. As one of the leading sports and event marketing agencies worldwide, the TEAM group has marketed the rights to the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Super Cup, since 1992. It has many years of experience in this area as well as a good relationship with UEFA and commercial partners, especially leading TV and media companies and sponsors around the globe. This expert knowledge allowed it to conclude a new Agency Agreement for the marketing of an expanded set of commercial rights including for the seasons 2015/16 to 2021/22 and, subject to performance, for an additional three-year term thereafter.

With a 100% stake in Constantin Film AG, Highlight Communications AG also owns the most successful independent producer and distributor of films in Germany, which therefore strengthens its position in the German film market considerably. Constantin Film remains the only German independent that can permanently stand “shoulder-to-shoulder” with the major US studios. With its decades of experience in film production as well as theatrical and TV exploitation, Constantin is the ideal complement to the Highlight Group’s proven expertise in home entertainment. Concentrating expertise under one roof brings considerable advantages.

Highlight Communications AG, Netzibodenstrasse 23b, CH-4133 Pratteln, Tel: +41 (0)61 816 96 96
another CS2 website